Before asking questions or reporting problems to the contact address, please make sure your question has not been answered in the past.
Is LIFEx a free software?
Yes, it is free.
How can I download it?
Please see the download page.
How to cite LIFEx?
Please see the How to cite LIFEx? page.
Which system for LIFEX run on?
The following OS are supported: MacOs (El Capitan, Maverick, Sierra), Windows (7, 10), Linux (Fedora, RedHat, Ubuntu, Debian, Mint). No conflicts between system libraries and those of the binary packages exist.
I have installed an old version, can I reinstall over it without removing the previous version?
Yes you can. But if you run into problems, remove the old version(s) installed.
Wrong size windows, or windows out of place?
I get a warning from my antivirus software. Can I proceed with the use of the software safely?
Yes you can. Depending on your antivirus software, you may get an antivirus warning when installing LIFEx. For instance, Kapersky EndPoint Security 10 for windows detects an PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic. See: http://support.kaspersky.com/fr/faq/?qid=208282629
Each and every version of LIFEx is carefully checked for any viral contamination and you can install it without any risk. You can disconnect your antivirus software during the installation to avoid that problem.
LIFEx can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer. Your security preferences only allow you to run applications from the Mac App Store and from identified developers ?
Three options to solve it:
- Right-click (or control-click) LIFEx icon and choose “Open”
- Click the “Open” button at the next dialog warning to launch the app anyway
- Launch System Preferences from the Apple menu
- Choose “Security & Privacy” and then click the “General” tab, followed by clicking the lock icon in the corner to unlock the settings
- Look for “Allow applications downloaded from:” and choose “Anywhere”
- Accept the security warning and allow
- if you get the message "LIFEx.app is damaged and cannot be opened. You must eject the disc image", launch this command in a terminal window : sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Applications/LIFEx.app ! This should solve the problem.
In PET, the DICOM fields that have to be properly filled for correct SUV correction are:
DICOM fields to SUV conversion :
(0008,0032) TM #6  Acquisition Time
(0010,1030) DS #10  Patient’s Weight
(0018,1074) DS #10  Radionuclide Total Dose
(0018,1075) DS #12  Radionuclide Half Life
(0018,1072) TM #6  Radiopharmaceutical Start Time
(0054,1001) CS #4  Units
(0028,1052) DS #2  Rescale Intercept
(0028,1053) DS #8  Rescale Slope