The latest version is version 4.70
<**************** LIFEx public version 4.70 *****************
version 4.70 - Sat Feb 16 18pm CEST 2019
What's new in (feature release) LIFEx 4.70?
- fixed: slice thickness on Biograph_mMR (Siemens)
- fixed (texture protocol): RIM index: proper units (mL and #vx) assigned in excel file
- fixed (texture protocol): RIM index on some extreme anysotropic voxels
- fixed (texture protocol): RIM index on more than one ROI
- fixed: on mac only, wheel rotation is good direction when 2 finger shift on trackpad (downgrade on jdk1.8.0_144 version)
- thresholding at 40% (and by extension at n%) allowed on the time series. Note that the activated series and the activated time t are defined as reference for the calculation of the maximum value from which the 40% (respectively n% value) is calculated
- added: image number unit (in #) on X axis (in addition to have sec, min, h units)
- fixed: inopportune flash on MIP movie
pre><**************** LIFEx public version 4.64 *****************
version 4.64 - Tue Feb 7 18pm CEST 2019
What's new in (feature release) LIFEx 4.64?
- updated: memory is better used when launching the application (linux all available memory without buff/cache is used)
- fixed: slice thickness on some CT scan
**************** LIFEx public version 4.62 *****************
version 4.62 - Monday Feb 4 10am CEST 2019
What's new in (feature release) LIFEx 4.62?
- fixed: change in the display of the cursor coordinates
- fixed: sorting the series when more than one series is loaded (sorting criterion is « acquisition number » dicom field)
- fixed (texture protocol): Automatic adjustment of relative/absolute intensity resampling menu as a function of the settings already filled
**************** LIFEx public version 4.60 *****************
version 4.60 - Wednesday Jan 30 07pm CEST 2019
What's new in LIFEx 4.60?
-added: save screenshot of MIP (png1))
-added: save screenshot of 360° of MIP view (png2)
- added: send screenshot of MIP to booklet (print)
- added: Dicom-REG (registration parameters) reading between two series with different StudyInstanceUID
- added: reading of images in tiff 16 bit format
- added: creation of a new parametric image from a dynamic series: mean of all times, time to peak, time to min, sum of all time images
- added: tissue save format file (dft) of Turku PET Center
- added: tissue save format file with recovery coefficient (dft+rc) of Turku PET Center
- added: Subtraction tool in ROI menu: create a new ROI by subtracting 2 visible ROI (ROI with open eye)
- added: Intersection tool in ROI menu: create a new ROI defined as the intersection of all visible ROI (ROI with open eye)
- added: loading of DICOM-SEG (segmentation parameters) as an ROI file
- added: new rainbow colormap
- added: new transparency on colormaps
- added: warning message when saving dcm files with IOP that are not identity matrix (not yet supported)
- added: Pixel Padding Value (0028,0120) DICOM field supported for CT
- added: possibility to remove the volume corresponding to a given time in a times series
- added: Click&Draw 40% tool added to ROI menu
- added: Dilation of the external edges of a ring ROI
- added: simple operation tools between images
- added: flip tools (R<>L, A<>P and I<>S) operating on images
- added: in linux version only: the available memory of the system is taken into account when launching LIFEx
- added: SUL units
- added: management of image orientation and position coordinates of patient when cor, sag, ax slices are displayed
- added: management of image orientation and position coordinates on viewer
- added: SUVpeak in 0.5mL volume in the result xls file.
- added: bounding box to define regions in which GLCM feature maps are calculated.
- added: Biograph mMR Dicom supported (SharedFunctionalGroupsSequence and PerFrameFunctionalGroupsSequence)
- added: reset all application parameters to default values
- added: software name and version in description tag of nifti ROI, images and MIP nifti written files
- added: warning message if ROI files already exist when a "save ROI" action is run
- added: Dicom screenshot (SOPClassUID) supported
- added: PixelPaddingValue (0028,0120) is used to identify pixels to be excluded from the normal grayscale rendering. It is now supported when reading images.
- added (texture protocol): Local texture map calculation for GLCM indices
- added (texture protocol): PARAMS_BinSize in result xls file
- added (texture protocol): possibility to define bin size value only, without the number of grey level values in the graphical user interface
- added (texture protocol): in the live activity report, (quick) display of the position of each roi while texture processing is on-going
- updated: display order of value voxel on top right of images is now in the same order than list of (layer) series
- updated: improved circle3D and circle2D drawing performance
- updated: crosshair coordinates in image space
- updated: checking and modification of default bound values as a function of the imaging modality for automatic tuning of the display.
- updated: improved loading performance of RTStruct coordinates with multithreading calculation of each z slice
- updated: loading (and also loading over network) now keeps images in data/temporary and not in /tmp in linux system
- updated: enabling of ImageOrientationPatient(iop) and ImagePositionPatient(ipp) when loading Dicom(dcm) et Nifti(nii) images
- updated: enabling of ImageOrientationPatient(iop) and ImagePositionPatient(ipp) when writing Nifti(nii) images
- updated: memory is better used when launching the application (linux all available memory is used, windows 95% of available memory is used, mac os is set to 3.5Go of RAM for 4Go version, 7Go of RAM for 8Go version and 15Go of RAM for 16Go version)
- updated: improvement of the selection of dropdown menus
- updated: MIP nifti file fully saved (before this correction: only every other view was saved)
- updated: "Restore" instead of "Undo" for restore last deleted ROI
- updated: discretization updated to agree with the image biomarker standardisation initiative (IBSI) description
- updated: speed improvement when drawing circle2D and circle3D tools
- updated (texture protocol): Z resampling disabled if 2D images are loaded
- updated (texture protocol): different management of the zero values in NGLDM matrices. Only NGLDM_Contrast and NGLDM_Busyness are affected
- updated (texture protocol): HISTO_kurtosis is shifted by a Fisher correction factor of -3 to have kurtosis equal to 0 for normal distributions
- updated (texture protocol): values expressed in scientific format in excel file results
- updated (texture protocol): discretization in agreement with the image biomarker standardisation initiative (IBSI) description
- updated (texture protocol): LIFEx.texture.SpatialResamplingZ has been changed to LIFEx.texture.ZSpatialResampling (same thing for Y and X) in script file
- updated (texture protocol): unit conversion problem (SUV, #, BqmL) of min and max discretization bounds (in some use cases) now fixed.
- fixed: fields radiopharmaceuticalStartTime and radionuclideTotalDose are set to 0 when reading nifti file
- fixed: automatic window/leveling apply to all modalities
- fixed: RT-Struct reading
- fixed: RT-Struct loading continues even if a ROI structure as no contour (empty ROI are not shown)
- fixed: SUV conversion in Philips proprietary dicom format
- fixed: add message in the web page of the user location map for Firefox navigator : "to view this content with Firefox, you must remove the tracking protection"
- fixed: min and max bounds of relative resampling (min, max, sd) are calculated only for the biggest cluster
- fixed: update of MTV volume when using click and click40% tools
- fixed: dilate/erode tools now work on 2D images
- fixed: update MIP view with use of snake2D and snake3D tools
- fixed: default size window of MIP
- fixed: DICOM-SEG from Olea with IOP and IPP
- fixed: IPP and IOP from DICOM image file with numberOfFrame>1
- fixed (texture protocol): the size of bin is now set to the value of bin size minus one (see the image biomarker standardisation initiative (IBSI) description)
- fixed (texture protocol): in advanced setting, GLZLM_SRE label is modified to GLZLM_SZE
- deleted: Empty button in ROI tools (the « dispose » button does the same)
**************** LIFEx public version 4.00 *****************
version 4.00 - Mon Apr 23 12:00:00 CEST 2018
What's new in LIFEx 4.00?
- save dynamic series in DICOM format
- directory in which data are saved can be changed by the user in preference frame
- maps of GLCM features are now available
- "diagnosis protocol" has been renamed "Viewer protocol"
- increase in performance when calculating Texture GLCM matrix
Major bug fixes:
- patient position corrected in dynamic time-series
Minor bug fixes:
- correction of timing value (msec) of the last time point in dynamic series
- correction of min and max value units in graph
- MTV: click & draw tool action now updates the MTV value
- hide circle2D and circle3D when mouse cursor exits frame
Read more: Latest version
RESEARCH USER LICENSE AGREEMENT FOR LIFEx SOFTWARE
USE OF THE LIFEx SOFTWARE IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE.
NON-PROFESSIONAL USERS ARE NOTIFIED THAT THE SOFTWARE AND THE RISKS INHERENT TO ITS USE, MODIFICATION AND/OR DEVELOPMENT AND REPRODUCTION ARE NOT COVERED BY ANY WARRANTY ON THE PART OF THE CEA. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU ONLY LOAD AND/OR USE THE SOFTWARE IF YOU HAVE SPECIALIZED IN-DEPTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY KNOW-HOW.
THE COMMISSARIAT A L’ENERGIE ATOMIQUE ET AUX ENERGIES ALTERNATIVES (FRENCH ATOMIC ENERGY AGENCY), a public scientific, technical and industrial establishment, having its registered office at 25 rue Leblanc – bâtiment le Ponant D – 75015 Paris cedex, hereinafter referred to as “CEA”, hereby licenses the right to use the LIFEx software as per the terms and conditions set out below.
This license is granted to the natural or legal person – hereinafter the “Licensee” – having completed the application form and loaded the Software.
Read more: License