LIFEx reads DICOM images locally or over a network using a DICOM browser, is compatible with Osirix and includes a powerful 3D reconstruction-based slice viewer. Volume of interest (VOI) can be either imported from previously created files or drawn and manipulated using LIFEx. Results are exported in Excel format files. LIFEx runs on Windows, MacOs and Linux. It is distributed with examples and includes a tutorial. User support is offered. Users can optionally contribute to the gathering of index values in different tissue types and different images as a public data bank of reference values is currently being built and integrated to the software for assisting the users with the interpretation of their results.
What's new in LIFEx 3.64?
- addition of translation of image layers with respect to the locked reference layer
- ending (and unselect tool) of ROI edition (circle2D, circle3D, Pensil2D) when pressing the "e" key on images
- texture: addition of parameter LIFEx.texture.GLCM.DistanceWithNeighbours=n in script file
- texture: text field of BinSize is now enabled when relative intensity resampling is selected
- addition of a message when the DICOM field studyInstanceUID of a new series that is loaded is not equal to the studyInstanceUID of the reference scan already loaded
- ROI move button is now enabled in tool manager on PT modality
- color of first ROI is now magenta (green before) for increased visibility
Major bug fixes:
- inversion Inf<->Sup on ROI when loading RT-Struct file
Minor bug fixes:
- TMTV protocol is now possible with series in NIFTI-1 (nii) format
- ROI creation is possible even after series in NIFTI format is loaded