LIFEx reads DICOM images locally or over a network using a DICOM browser, is compatible with Osirix and includes a powerful 3D reconstruction-based slice viewer. Volume of interest (VOI) can be either imported from previously created files or drawn and manipulated using LIFEx. Results are exported in Excel format files. LIFEx runs on Windows, MacOs and Linux. It is distributed with examples and includes a tutorial. User support is offered. Users can optionally contribute to the gathering of index values in different tissue types and different images as a public data bank of reference values is currently being built and integrated to the software for assisting the users with the interpretation of their results.
What's in LIFEx 3.40?
- improved memory management of the main application (mostly useful for running scripts)
- export of texture results in comma-separated values (csv) format file
- saving indices and texture parameters to be calculated from one work session to another
- random stalling of texture scripts
- long ROI name (>31 characters length) are now supported when saving results of texture protocol in an xls file