LIFEx reads DICOM images locally or over a network using a DICOM browser, is compatible with Osirix and includes a powerful 3D reconstruction-based slice viewer. Volume of interest (VOI) can be either imported from previously created files or drawn and manipulated using LIFEx. Results are exported in Excel format files. LIFEx runs on Windows, MacOs and Linux. It is distributed with examples and includes a tutorial. User support is offered. Users can optionally contribute to the gathering of index values in different tissue types and different images as a public data bank of reference values is currently being built and integrated to the software for assisting the users with the interpretation of their results.
What's new in LIFEx 3.56?
- loading of RT-Struct on reference layers other than LIFEx reference layers (first loaded series) is now available
- TMTV: addition of fast labelling of ROI with selection of names in a predefined list of names
- addition of a new protocol called "Diagnosis" corresponding to a simple viewer protocol without any complex functions
- addition of 6 new display options (template 1 to 6)
- Texture: CheckTex button is enabled only if texture protocol is selected
- Alphabetical sorting has been added to sort ROI layers
- AcquisitionNumber DICOM tag is now taken into account for the CT modality
- Addition of the coordinates (vx) of the voxel including the MaxValue within the ROI into ROI information
- Automatic setting of a default color map and alpha value to 0.5 when a second series is loaded
- Automatic setting of a default window/leveling based on the histogram of the loaded volume
- Creation and opening of a DICOMDIR file when 2 folders are loaded simultaneously, if that file does not exist.
- management of DICOM tag: imageRotation with an y inversion
Minor bug fixes
- Texture: the RT-STRUCT loading is now supported when using scripts
- TMTV: MIP ROI color is changed when ROI color is changed (dialog box of ROI)
- TMTV: existing MIP is fully loaded (while only every other angular views were loaded before)
- TMTV: % threshold is now in SUV "unit"
- Management (hide/show) button in ROI manager window
- Graph units now defined in the histogram image