LIFEx reads DICOM images locally or over a network using a DICOM browser, is compatible with Osirix and includes a powerful 3D reconstruction-based slice viewer. Volume of interest (VOI) can be either imported from previously created files or drawn and manipulated using LIFEx. Results are exported in Excel format files. LIFEx runs on Windows, MacOs and Linux. It is distributed with examples and includes a tutorial. User support is offered. Users can optionally contribute to the gathering of index values in different tissue types and different images as a public data bank of reference values is currently being built and integrated to the software for assisting the users with the interpretation of their results.
This release includes:
New software features:
- it's now possible to reorder layers of series to display them in any order
- error message is now displayed when texture input fields are not correctly defined
- fixed bug: error "The pixel size (x, y, z) of reference series must be smaller than the pixel size of selected series"
Miscellaneous, fixed and checked issues:
- the "null" value possibly assigned to the studyDescription DICOM field of the images no longer produces an error when saving nifti-1 file series
- restoring the view of "BirdEyeView" on Ax, Sag, Cor frame tools
- fixed bug: saving ROI in nifti-1 file series with proper "n+1" magic number in the header
- fonts and window size modified to adapt to low screen resolutions (<= 1280x1024 pixels)
- fixed bug: setting a ROI onto the 2D image with circle2D and snake2D tool
- new zoom cursor not as sensitive as before for easier handling.