LIFEx reads DICOM images locally or over a network using a DICOM browser, is compatible with Osirix and includes a powerful 3D reconstruction-based slice viewer. Volume of interest (VOI) can be either imported from previously created files or drawn and manipulated using LIFEx. Results are exported in Excel format files. LIFEx runs on Windows, MacOs and Linux. It is distributed with examples and includes a tutorial. User support is offered for the “validated” mode. Users can optionally contribute to the gathering of index values in different tissue types and different images as a public data bank of reference values is currently being built and integrated to the software for assisting the users with the interpretation of their results.
This release includes:
- new main features added in this version: Maximum Intensity Projection (MIP)
- automatic calculation of textural features using scripts for multi-patients and multi-ROI / patient data (see documentation)
- new feature added in texture script: setting nbGreyLevels=0 for automatic calculation of the number of grey levels from the binSize parameter when relative discretization is used
- new feature added in texture script: setting binSize=0 for automatic calculation of the bin size from the nbGreyLevels parameter when relative discretization is used
- new feature added in texture script: loading of all script files at the same time (drag and drop) that will then be executed sequentially
- fixed bug in the erosion process
- fixed color coding when inverting the black and white colormap
- fixed ROI split tool to account for all voxels in the initial ROI.
- a Philips DICOM bug found into old images that impacted SUV; (0x70531009 & rescaleSlope had identical value and scaling was performed twice in the conversion in SUV)
Algorithms and utilities:
- acceleration of ROI processing when multi layers of series are used
VOIs and paint:
- fixed "show/hide all ROI tool" when the button was used twice in a row
- fixed update histogram and curve values when using the "show/hide button"
- improvement check tool "CheckTex" for good parameter ROI for texture processing (before script, it can be a step of validation) je ne comprends pas. En français ?
- add KeepOne tool for keep only the largest ROI (=split tool, with one ROI result)
- add Window/Leveling threshold ROI tool
- add fill3D ROI creation tool by filling "holes" in another ROI (example, lung fill) by clicking on a voxel within the hole that should be taken as the seed point
- 3D and 2D snake tools are now available within all modalities, when multi-series have been loaded and for all protocols
- the reading of a ROI that has not been drawn on the loaded patient is now possible. The ROI shape is preserved but not the location in the image.
- texture documentation now includes explanation regarding the use of script for texture calculations